miércoles, 22 de julio de 2009

UNIT 6

The topic about modal to express degrees or certainty was very interesting, because I learned to use modals correctly, when I'm speculating. For example If you want to express speculations or possibilities (50%) about a past situation, you have to use may have/might have and could have + past participle .

Example:
Fact: I was waiting my friend and didn't come.
  • She may have forgotten our meeting.
  • She might have had an accident.
  • She could have gotten lost and arrived when I left.
And also I learned that could have + past participle has two meanings.

Fact: My relatives came here for one week.
  • A degree of certainty:
    I could have visited them. (when it's a possibility)
  • When it's a missed oportunity:
    I could have visited them. (I didn't)
In the negative, use may not have /might not have + past participle
  • He may / might not have had enough money to buy that present.

In question, use might have/ could have + past participle

  • Might/could she have had enough money?

Saby Chachi-AO4F-Advance Grammar 1

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.