miércoles, 22 de julio de 2009

ACTION AND NON-ACTION VERBS - UNIT 3

I learned that some verbs cannot be used in the progressive tense and they are called non-action verbs . Non-action verbs indicate state, sense, desire, possession, or opinion.
Something that sounds interesting is that some of these verbs can be used like an action verbs and this depend of the situation .

examples :

I think God doesnt exist .
I am thinking what I have to do tomorrow .

She feels bad .
I am feeling their hands in my shoulders .

I have a new car .
I am having lunch with my family .

This soup tastes wonderful .
The chef is tasting the dish .

My mom's food smells great .
she is smelling the flowers .

I see the pìcture .
I am seeing a doctor .

Israel Diaz A . AO4F-Advance Grammar 1

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.