miércoles, 22 de julio de 2009

UNIT 2: PAST TIME



I have really enjoyed this grammar course and had moments that I said myself “really I had never heard something like that!”. First I was flying but practicing I could understand. For me, the most interesting section of this course has been the past time. Due to this topic I have been able to write material on instinct, using rules of grammar learned long ago and forgotten.

One part of this topic that impressed me was to express actions or events that occurred regularly during a period in the past ( I mean the use of would + base form)

I just Knew the use of would+ base form in requests or preferences.


These were the examples that I couldn’t interpret:

* He would say he didn’t know
* They would ask her when she was going to work



Maybe I would have interpreted them in a different way ( thinking on request or preferences). But now I Know it has similar meaning to the use of Used to, but only when they express action.

Another examples:

* I would go out with my friends and stay out till all hours of the night.
* We would take a hike every morning


I like this course. It is concise and I feel that it adequately refreshes my grammar skills to jumpstart me into technical writing



Name student: Juan Carlos Pozo Quintanilla
A04F

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.