miércoles, 22 de julio de 2009

Tag Questions Unit 4

Something that caught my curiosity is how I can dominate the conversation using tag questions. I mean when you want to know about something or just comment about something.

Let's go, shall we?
Nothing came in the post, did it?
You have to go, don't you?
I am right, aren't I?


If your voice falls on the tag, you expect the listener to agree with you

It's a nice day today, ISn't it?

It's a beautiful view, ISn't it?

That's an interesting idea, ISn't it?

But if your voice rises on the tag, you’re using tag question to get information.

The chairman's coming at 3.00, isn't HE?

You don't know where my wallet is, do YOU?

You have a sister, don't YOU?


by Julio-C. Chirinos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.