jueves, 23 de julio de 2009

My Icpna project

Well teacher, it`s a pleasure for me to tell about how I improved my english using modals and all the advices that you gave us in class. It also includes pronunciation and dynamic methods to understand each unit. ;-)

I chose Unit 5 because for me this grammar is very important and interesting. I learned the modals to express degrees of necessity. Also, there are modals to speculate about future, for example you use will have to to show future necessity.
I think this grammar is very useful because we use it all days in our diary life.
Here are some examples from the grammar items.

  • We use must, have to and have got to to show strong necessity. Ex:

- You have to finish the household chores.

- You must avoid eating junk food.

- You have got to lose weight if you want to look slim for summer.

  • We use should or ought to to offer advices. Ex:

- You should look for a better job opportunitie.

- You ought to have used a new uniform for your new job.

  • We use be supposed to to show an expectation. It is used only in the present and the past. Ex:

- You`re supposed to have an exam tomorrow.

- We weren`t supposed to arrive late at home.

  • We use could or might to make polite , not too strong suggestions about the present or future.

- You could have taken a beautiful present for your boss.

- He might forgive his brother.

Well teacher that`s all for today..I hope my project would be ok. see you tomorrow..

Gladys Sànchez Ballena

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.