jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009

Unit 11: Adjective Clauses: Review and Expansion

Well, I really interested in this unit because I could have learn a little more about it because as I mentioned the last month it's very important to review the all lessons that you studied, is the only way to learn, so now I recognized when you use the adjectives clauses in the identifying way because there you can distinguises one person or thing from another and when the adjectives clauses are nonidentifying you can add extra information but you don't distinguise nothing from another also you can notice it because this is enclosed in commas.

Examples:
  • Miguel would invite me to have dinner with his family when his boss pay him. (I)
  • My best friend, who is my neighboard, give me a special big gift. (NI)
Don't forget that you can omit the relative pronouns only in identifying clauses and cannot omit it in a nondefinitying clauses. Also don't use "that" as relative pronoun in a nonidentifying clause.

Examples:
  • My boss bought a gift for her daughter in Saga two days ago.
  • My boss, who bought a gift for her daughter in Saga two days ago
  • My boss, bought a gift for her daughter in Saga two days ago (It's not correct)
Suley Balvin
AO5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.