miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2009

Answer Key 15. Gerunds

Unit 15: Gerunds
1. Discover the grammar

A. 2. O / 3. S / 4. OP / 5. C / 6. OP / 7. C / 8. O / 9. C
B. 2. Y / 3. N / 4. Y / 5. Y / 6. N / 7. Y / 8. Y
2. All work and no play
2. vegetating / 3. worrying / 4. not having / 5. not working / 6. making / 7. socializing / 8. having / 9. meeting / 10. working / 11. playing / 12. collecting / 13. singing / 14. not singing / 15. singing / 16. orienteering
3. My two best friends
2. Bob's helping / 3. My boss's criticizing / 4. Her living / 5. Mary's advising / 6. my becoming / 7. their being / 8. Our getting
4. My cross-generational friend
2. seeing / 3. having enrolled / 4. assigning / 5. arguing / 6. having said / 7. studying / 8. helping / 9. passing / 10. having told
5. Preferences
A. Possible questions: 1. Do you prefer being asked out on a date or asking someone yourself? / 2. Are you more interested in entertaining yourself or in being entertained by others? / 3. Do you prefer preparing dinner yourself or being invited to dinner by friends? / 4. Do you like being told what to do or giving orders? / 5. Do you like figuring things out yourself or being shown how to do things? / 6. Do you prefer being given advice by friends or giving your friends advice?
B. Possible answers: 1. I prefer asking someone myself. I don't like being asked out on a date. / 2. I'm more interested in being entrtained by others. I don't like entertaining myself. / 4. I prefer giving orders. I hate being told what to do. / 5. I like figuring things out myself. I don't like being shown how to do things. / 6. I like being given advice by my friends. I don't like giving my friends advice.