miércoles, 12 de agosto de 2009

Unit 10: Modification of Nouns

Last week I found something interesting in Unit 10 Modification of Nouns, where I could learn a little more about Compound modifiers, now I know that Compound modifiers are constructed from more than one word.


a. number + noun

  • My 19 year-old friend applied for a job with the local newspaper.

b. noun+ present participle

  • Titanic is a award-winning movie

c. noun+past participle

  • The shelves were buckling under the weight of dust-covered books.

d. adjective+past participle

  • Are you ready for a fun-filled day?


We must not forget that when we use compound modifiers the plural nouns become singular when they come before the noun.

  • I could read a 200-pages book in only 4 days. (false)

  • I could read a 200-page book in only 4 days. (correct)

Saby Chachi

A05F

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.