miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2009

Answer Key Unit 16 Infinitives

Unit 16: Infinitives
1. Discover the grammar

A. 2. O / 3. S / 4. SC / 5. O / 6. O / 7. SC / 8. S / 9. O
B. 2. F / 3. F / 4. T / 5. T /6. F
2. My struggle with procrastination
2. warned me not to put off / 3. were willing to allow me to make / 4. was important to experience / 5. forced me to study / 6. was fortunate to graduate /
7. expected to pass / 8. required us to write / 9. refused to accept / 10. caused me to fail / 11. advised me to retake / 12. encouraged me to start
3. Leave it to the kids
2. not to have heard / 3. not to have understood / 4. to have gotten / 5. to have finished / 6. to have been hit / 7. to have fed / 8. not to have done
4. What would you expect?
2. to be helped by a passing motorist / 3. your phone service to be disconnected / 4.to be notified by the police / 5. to get stopped by a police officer / 6. to be questioned by your teacher
5. Too much? not enough?
2. Jack types too slowly to finish the report on time. / 3. Marcy will have enough money to buy her friend's car. / 4. Eve waited too long to start preparing the meal. / 5. Sally didn't eat enough to stay healthy. / 6. Carlos is intelligent enough to pass the course.